The history of Dzi
Dzi is said as though the ‘d’ is silent – “zee” but was more traditionally known as gZi in years gone by. The word dZi has a few meanings in different countries, it is known as Heaven’s Pearl in China and interprets loosely as shine, clearness, brightness or splendor in Tibetan.
There is a lot of mystery surrounding dZi agate and dZi beads which have been found from as early as 2500 BC. This mysterious agate is steeped in history, with many religions and belief systems turning to the powers and energies of the stone for assistance in medicine as well as holistically.
Where can we find Dzi？
These beads have been found in Tibet, India, Nepal and other areas in Central Asia and are always made from dZi agate or sometimes carnelian. They are mainly used in necklaces and bracelets and were worn by chiefs of the Bön religion in Tibet who were often cremated wearing them.
The benefit of wearing Dzi jewelry
Dzi stones are said to do a number of things. Some protect its wearer from negative energies or accidents, some attract wealth or wisdom, while others might bring you love and happiness.
Dzi eye meanings
The number of "eyes" on a Dzi stone will tell you its purpose and particular strength..........
- The 1 eyed Dzi bead stands for a beacon of light and hope. This powerful eye is believed to enhance human wisdom, and bring forth happiness for life.
- The 2 eyed Dzi enables harmony between husband and wife; build a happy family, successful career, and good relationships with others.
- The 3 eyed Dzi bead represents the three stars of luck, happiness, honor, and longevity. It is the bead of wealth and health to bring continuous fortune.
- The 4 eyed Dzi helps To Overcome Negative Forces, Clears Obstacles, Increases Merits & Longevity, Subdue Demons.
- The 5 eyed Dzi is considered a magical item and is highly sought after. It assists one in obtaining whatever one desires, so it is a very desired bead. Endless happiness.
- The 6 eyed Dzi eliminates sadness and sufferings in life, and increases access to good luck.
- The 7 eyed Dzi helps one to Achieve Fame, Glory, Perfection, Career, Wealth, Relationship, and Health & Longevity.
- The 8 eyed Dzi helps to guard against calamities and catastrophes. Assists the owner in finding and staying on their proper path.
- The 9 eyed Dzi bead assists its owner to Gather Wealth, Achieve Good Health, Success, Gain Power, Compassion, Glory, and Expelling Evil & Acts as a Protector.
- The 10 eyed Dzi removes obstacles in the road of career development, gains favorable comments on you from others, and omens a happy relationship with your spouse.